Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Line Follow Robot






The above photos are representing my hand made first “Line Follow Robot”. This robot can follow simultaneously white line or black line. It also can work in 90 degree angle type line, small circle, end of line etc.








Testing the robot
  I created courses for the robot to follow out of black and white electrical insulation tape, using one colour per course. For each course I initially balanced the robot's left and right sensors and adjusted the brightness of the headlight LEDs.
One of the tests was to determine the ability of the robot to sense lines under various conditions. For this, I measured the voltage at each of the robot's sensor test points after placing it directly over the top of a straight line in a course, with it's motors switched off. I repeated the test with the robot pointing slightly to the right and then to the left of the line.
The measurements were taken with a box covering the robot to shield it from all ambient light and then with the box removed so that I could measure the impact of the room's lighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment